1. "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” - Kahlil Gibran
2. "When I forgive, I begin to heal. When I let go, I begin to grow."
3. "It's okay to have a bad day, week or month. Healing is not linear."
4. "This too shall pass."
5. “Wisdom is nothing more than healed pain.” - Robert Gary Lee
6. "I deserve to be loved and treated well."
7. "It's okay not to be okay."
8. “Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” - Viktor Frankl
9. "I belong here."
10. “One of the most important aspects in recovering from trauma is moving it outside of yourself. That is, it’s not something that is about you. It’s not something that you did – it’s something that happened to you. And I think that shift is the most important juncture toward healing.” – Wendy Smith
11. “Forgiveness is the greatest gift you can give yourself.” – Maya Angelou
12. “We do not heal the past by dwelling there; we heal the past by living fully in the present.” - Marianne Williamson
13. "Be kind to yourself."
14. "I have the right to be heard and taken seriously; my feelings and needs are valid."
15. "It's okay to ask for help."
16. "It can be safe to open your heart to another person."
17. "I am not afraid to be myself. It is safe to be me."
18. “If you are willing to look at another person’s behaviour toward you as a reflection of the state of their relationship with themselves rather than a statement about your value as a person, then you will, over a period of time cease to react at all.” – Yogi Bhajan
19. "I am enough."
20. “I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” – Carl Jung
21. "It was not my fault."
22. “Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace.” - Jonathan Lockwood Huie